Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I have a judgment that has 25% of my wages garnished as of Friday May 6th.?

It was from 13yrs ago. It was for a condo that at the time a friend of mine leased. She got an unlawful detainer & now an attorney stuck the judgement to me. I never signed a lease & was only a guest for a matter of a few weeks with her in this residence. I lived @ home with my mother and when I would get mad, I would go over there & hang our with her. How the Landlord got my name must have been from her. She stays in & out of jail so they came after me for this judgement. I ignored the threats in letters because I never lived there and every letter misspelled my name and it was still misspelled when they attempted it in A.K.A. form. I explained to the judge that I was never a resident there but he said due to this being the basic necessities of life there was nothing he could do. I asked him to at least lower the 25% garnishment to a more feasible amount I can afford being as though i have 4 children to support on my income alone. He denied it due to me asking for an exemption. Its not fair to be stuck with this judgment & I wasn't the one who did it. They can't find her so I'm just s.o.l.? Its obvious anyone can file a judgement with no proof! I even called this greedy crooked attorney & he basically asked me did I know where the girl was and that he can't go back that far to get proof of a signature of mine on a lease. What are my options? I am appealing the judge's decision to either exempt me or lower the amount. Can I get this order dismissed if I file bankruptcy? This is unjust for me to be stuck with this and it wasn't me. This girl has messed up my credit enough. I suffered since 18 on my credit because of her. It was nothing I could do cause she stays in & out of jail. I was young & didn't know who she was until a private investigator came to the door years ago asking questions. It was then I stopped talking to her but damage to my credit. was already done. She was doing serious time for other identity stealing. You live & you learn about people. I'm tired

No comments:

Post a Comment