Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Has anyone dealt with patellafemoral pain syndrome? Aka as Runners Knee Pain. What was your experience? ?

I started getting knee pain back in November 2010 out of nowhere. I had been playing year round basketball 2 years straight and it suddenly came up for no reason. I finally saw a doctor in March who confirmed it was Runners Knee and suggested I take 6 weeks off to heal and also gave me physical therapy to do. I took the 6 weeks off and did the exercise, iced daily, took anti-inflammatories, and strethed 3 times a day. The first day back running my knees were worse than before. I honestly have lost hope my knees will recover, I just work through the pain. (And yes, I have a lot of pain, some days I can barely walk) So you seem lucky to me, but I suggest continuing with the physical therapy if its helping. And if by awkward you mean your knees will sometimes buckle/give out I know what you mean, happens to me occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment